Medik8 Sleep Glycolic
Time Release AHA Overnight At-Home Peel
1. Radiant skin: Sleep Glycolic sloughs off dead skin cells to reveal a visibly glowing complexion
2. Refined texture and tone: Effortlessly helps smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, whilst restoring skin’s natural luminosity as you sleep.
3. True 10% encapsulated glycolic acid: The high concentration formula is time-released into the skin overnight to gently deliver optimum AHA power.
4. Healthy Skin Barrier: Sleep Glycolic is non-drying on the skin - keeping our natural protective barrier healthy and strong is key.
5. Complement your in-clinic experience: Ideal to prepare for a first ever peel programme, or to optimise your results between appointments.
HOW IT WORKS
Sleep Glycolic is the Medik8 approach to at-home glycolic acid. The smallest of the AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids), glycolic acid can penetrate the deepest into the skin. As a result, glycolic acid can address more stubborn skin concerns such as uneven texture and a lacklustre complexion. High strength at-home glycolic acid products (most commonly daily toners) are readily available and are often directed for regular, everyday use. This has the potential to cause irritation, and an impairment to the skin barrier. That’s why at Medik8 we believe that occasional use of glycolic acid is best - not daily. Leave daily acids to super-gentle PHAs (polyhydroxy acids, found in Press & Glow). Instead, Sleep Glycolic takes an innovative approach to at-home glycolic acid, harnessing the powerful exfoliating effects of glycolic acid in a bi-weekly treatment without the downsides. Glycolic acid is encapsulated in a crystal cyclodextrin ‘shell’ that is slowly broken down upon contact with skin enzymes. The encapsulation gradually delivers the high strength exfoliating acid into the skin overnight to reduce the potential for irritation. With a total 10% free active acid, the glycolic acid is able to easily penetrate into the skin, improving the end results. This is ultimate glycolic power, without the downsides.
Glycolic Acid - With the smallest particle size of all the AHAs, glycolic acid is the most powerful. It works to breakdown bonds between dead skin cells so they are easily exfoliated away to reveal fresher, newer skin cells beneath - for visibly brighter and smoother skin.
Crystal Encapsulation - A cyclodextrin-based shell which encapsulates the glycolic acid. On the skin this slowly breaks down, delivering the glycolic acid gradually into the skin to reduce irritation.
Glycerin - An effective humectant ingredient, glycerin draws moisture to itself like a magnet, leaving skin feeling hydrated, soft and supple.
Korean Clover Extract - Native to South Korea, Korean Clover Extract works alongside glycolic acid to support the skin’s natural overnight repair and hydration process. It can help to maintain the natural skin barrier, leaving skin brighter, healthier and in sync.